Saturday, August 16, 2008

Shout Outs & Stuff.

Numero Uno: The latest prompt on Word Grrls, a pretty neato site for supplying uncreative or lazy or just plain stumped people with writing prompts, reads thusly:

"You're back in time, Moses is building the ark and the leprechauns are doing everything they can think of to get those darned unicorns aboard. Nothing is working. They just keep frolicking around and laughing about anyone silly enough to be afraid of a little rain.

How do you get the unicorns on the ark, saving the species and changing the outcome of that old Irish jig?"

I'm not going to write on this, I just wanted to give a shout out to Daniel Taylor, of itwasmeteors.com, who has, IMHO, a superb sense of humor. He makes me laugh, me makes me cry, and he introduces me to other seriously awesome internet comics. Moreover, he has really inspired me to make my own list of enemies, because I think it could be such a nurturing experience. ...One day.

Anyway, when I read the Word Grrls prompt, I immediately thought of this:


Click for a bigger pic, or just click the source link.

This is, I think, my favorite IGAFU image. The first time I saw it, I laughed out loud, a lot, due to the sheer silliness and how adorable everything in this image is, even the dinos. Then, a minute later, I was really upset and saddened about the poor little unicorn. That's what Daniel's stuff does to me; it makes me happy and sad at the same time. Kind of like THIS COMMERCIAL. Ack. Gets me every time. (I am so emotional.) 


Numero Dos: I was on Etsy yesterday and came across this shop. The woman sells painted Scrabble tiles-turned-pendants.

They are SO COOL! I am obsessed with them (weird, I know, I can hardly believe it myself). They're super cheap, especially considering they're buy 2, get 1 free. After shipping, you get three pendants for 15 bucks! I love love love them. So much, in fact, that I agonized for an hourover which three to get. I went so far as to Photoshop the images of the pendants I liked so it looked as if the pendant being worn in this image:


was the pendant I was considering buying. This may sound kinda goofy, but it actually helped me narrow down my 5 billion Maybes into 3 For Sures. I'll let you know which ones I purchased if you're interested, or you'll just have to wait until you see me roaming around Avery, perpetually wearing one of three of my forthcoming pendants.

Scrabble tiles!!!!!!


Numero Tres: Julie and I had one-on-one Coop Coffee time today, after our one-on-one f.mark experience, and it was very, very nice and I enjoyed myself immensely (and I think she did, too, considering I am now 95% sure she doesn't hate me [just kidding, J-Squigg!]). HOWEVER. I would appreciate it if Toria and the Trouts (ooo, that's a new one) would COME BACK because I miss them all very much. And yes, I know, I ditched out of two f.mark-and-Coop experiences, but still! I'm selfish! Soooo, come back soon!


Numero Cuatro: I am so excited for school to start. Julie is going to be on the third floor, I get two batches of fresh-faced-men (you know, like fresh-faced freshman? Doesn't work? Oh well.), I get to take (hopefully) awesome seminars, and frankly, I'm bored as shit. I need some structure and some assignments and some demands! I gotta get back into the swing of things! Moreover, I can't WAIT for Wednesday. A) Because it's the first day of Orientation (with a capital O)and I am really eager to meet all the incoming MAs and PhDs and really really eager to speak on my Panel of Awesomeness (maybe that's what we should call ourselves?) and B) Because it's supposed to be 73 and cloudy! YES! Do want!

My widget says (as of about a half hour ago; it's gone up five degrees since then):


That is too hot for me! I love the warm weather, I really do, but it's a BITCH at night. I slept so badly last night because it was just way too hot. And I'm a big whiner and come the end of September I'll be like, "Waaaah, why isn't it a hundred anymore? Waaaaah."

But right now, 73 is looking glorious. Yay, Wednesday.


Numero Cinco (el Ășltimo numero, te lo prometo): I effing HATE it when guys work out upstairs at the Rec Center. Just go downstairs with all your male buddies, dude! I hate because they screw up the machines. There was a guy up there yesterday who was using, like, every machine, and he'd put the seat and the handles down to 1 and the weight at some ridiculous amount, between like 100-130 pounds. And then I had to go in after him, move the seats to 5 and the handles to 9 (even when I've got the chest pad on the row/rear delts machine [which I loooove, btw] all the way forward, I still have to reach out to grab the handles. I am little and therefore discriminated against) and move the pin waaaaay up into the girly-range of weight lifting. It's SO ANNOYING. I mean, it's bad enough that the seats are like impossible for me to move up. When I have to go from position 1 to position 5, I get very irritated. Stop messing with the girls' area, men! That's what I say. Go downstairs where everyone is 6 feet tall and lifting at least 130 pounds and leave us upstairs to be short and ... delicate, if you will.

1 comment:

JM said...

yeah, i guess you're ok